"The Returnee..."

We are in the middle of a roller coaster of transition. We left Uganda on 1st July, and travelled to visit Dan's family in America... Now we arrive in England, where I have not lived since 1992, almost twenty years ago... I left young free and single, and return with an American husband and two children, aged 11 and 9... I hope to describe the experiences of "the Returnee", with, no doubt, flashbacks to our African life, and commentary from my children along the way...

Friday 6 January 2012

Birds

Here in England we do not have the incredible array of bright and colourful birds, that we enjoyed so much in Uganda. But we do have our own little range of winged visitors, and we have put a bird house in our garden and do enjoy watching the little lot who come. Apart from the first one, which shows a great fat wood pigeon squeezing himself into our birdfeeder, these photos were not taken by me I must admit, but they show you the different kinds of birds we have seen here, and you must admit, they are not bad. Don't Knock British Birds.

A bluetit

An English Robin

A Great Tit

A Nuthatch

A Blackbird
A Magpie

No comments:

Post a Comment