"The Returnee..."

We are in the middle of a roller coaster of transition. We left Uganda on 1st July, and travelled to visit Dan's family in America... Now we arrive in England, where I have not lived since 1992, almost twenty years ago... I left young free and single, and return with an American husband and two children, aged 11 and 9... I hope to describe the experiences of "the Returnee", with, no doubt, flashbacks to our African life, and commentary from my children along the way...

Wednesday 29 February 2012

Thankful for spring!

Words can hardly express how thankful I am for spring...! The sun is shining, the sky is blue. Our garden is gradually changing into her new clothes, with daffodils, crocuses, snowdrops, primroses, and even a blossoming cherry tree by the gate! Who knew? I feel as though I can turn my face to the sky again. And walk along to the bus gladly without huddling and rushing against the chill.






 "Everything is blooming most recklessly; if it were voices instead of colours, there would be an unbelievable shrieking into the heart of the night."  Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters of Rainer Maria Rilke





"The beautiful spring came; and when Nature resumes her loveliness, the human soul is apt to revive also."
Harriet Ann Jacobs

2 comments:

  1. Rosie, I am looking forward to the seasons, and these pictures of spring make it look great! I am sure winter will be hard to get through, though, after Ugandan weather...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky you! March is one of our biggest snow months...

    ReplyDelete