"The Returnee..."

We are in the middle of a roller coaster of transition. We left Uganda on 1st July, and travelled to visit Dan's family in America... Now we arrive in England, where I have not lived since 1992, almost twenty years ago... I left young free and single, and return with an American husband and two children, aged 11 and 9... I hope to describe the experiences of "the Returnee", with, no doubt, flashbacks to our African life, and commentary from my children along the way...

Friday 6 January 2012

A Fruitbowl minus the F...



Now it is definite, I must be losing my marbles. Oh well. This bowl of roots is doing my heart good. I do come from farming stock - my mother was a farmer's daughter and they lived on the farm which was in the family for many generations, although sadly sold on her father's retirement. Not that I grew these roots, I just like the look of them, all earthy and rounded, and going in tonight's stew...

No comments:

Post a Comment